Can I drive in Los Angeles with a foreign driver's license?

I am Lebanese and my license is in Arabic. Will I be able to drive while in CA?

“California will you to drive in the state with a license from your home country as long as that license remains valid.
Keep in mind that most states in the US accept a foreign driver’s license as long as that license is in English, so you may not be legal driving outside of California.
If you want to rent a car, it’s going to be difficult, if not impossible, to rent a car with a non-English license. You might want to look into obtaining an International Driver’s Permit (IDP) from your home country.
Whether you’re renting a car or borrowing someone’s car, you will want to look into getting your own car insurance policy for extra protection.
Shopping for insurance can mean navigating a lot of legal jargon, but Jerry is here to help. Jerry does all the hard work of comparison shopping and helping with the signup paperwork so you can get on the road hassle free.”
Sophie Newman
Answered on Aug 11, 2021
Sophie Newman is a writer from California. Her hobbies include brewing her own kombucha, riding horses, and taking long road trips.

Did this answer help you?

Ask us a question by email and we will respond within a few days.

Have a different question?

You can meet us at our office and discuss the details of your question.
Let Jerry’s experts help you find savings on your car insurance!
No long forms or spam · Get quotes from 40+ carriers
Find insurance savings (100% Free)
4.7/5 Rating on App Store