Oil filters keep the oil circulating through your engine clean, removing dust, debris, and other contaminants. K&N is known for its durable and dependable filters while maintaining a fair price point.
Oil filters are a must for any healthy car. These low-cost parts keep you away from Jiffy Lube longer and can prevent more expensive repairs by keeping your engine cool and running smoothly.
Compare auto insurance policies
No spam or unwanted phone calls · No long forms · No fees, ever
How do K&N oil filters work?
The job of the oil filter is to remove dirt and other contaminants from your oil. The oil is moved by the
oil pumpinto the filter, which is then moved into the engine. Clean oil is crucial for keeping your engine running smoothly and combating overheating.
Here’s a breakdown of the K&N performance gold oil filters and what makes them special:
- Designed with just a single nut on top of the can, allowing for protection before use and easy removal once you’re ready to install.
- K&N oil filters are heavy-duty, with a double-rolled seal for excellent durability and performance.
- K&N filters are compatible with all oil types—conventional, synthetic, and blended.
Are K&N oil filters good?
K&N oil filters are a great choice for any driver. Once upon a time, oil needed to be changed every 3,000 miles. However, with sophisticated oil filters like K&N, most cars only need an oil change every 7,500 to 10,000 miles.
Here are some ways that K&N filters stand out:
- K&N offers premium filtration thanks to its thick layer of pleated media (this is the filter). With the increased surface area provided by the pleats, there’s more space to catch dirt.
- K&N filters are made to be durable. While many oil filters use cardboard caps, K&N uses metal caps to keep their filters protected. Plus, the anti-drawback valve is made of temperature-resistant silicone, unlike the cheaper plastic used by many rival brands.
- K&N is extensively tested in extreme conditions to ensure its product meets and exceeds the industry standard.
origins in desert motorcycle racing, K&N has grown to become a trusted name in the automotive industry. K&N also makes air filters, intake systems, cabin air filters, and more.
How long do K&N oil filters last?
K&N oil filters last as long as a cycle of fresh oil—in modern cars around 10,000 miles. When you get your oil changed, that means it's probably time for a new K&N filter as well.
Can I change K&N oil filters myself?
Yes, you can definitely change a K&N oil filter yourself. In fact, they’re specially designed for ease of installation and customer safety. Just head to the
K&N websiteto find the right filter for your needs!
Key Takeaway K&N is a dependable brand focused on durability and ease of installation.
Which K&N oil filter is best?
There are multiple K&N oil filters to choose from depending on your needs. Here’s a breakdown of some of your options.
Who should buy it
A great balance of value and performance, this base filter is compatible with all oil types
Touting best-in-class performance and convenience, this is a great choice for those planning to install the filter themselves.
$20 to $130
These heavy-duty filters are for trucks, with price variables for the size and need.
Are you overpaying for your car insurance?
Compare quotes and find out in 45 seconds.
The best way to save money on car insurance
Just download Jerry and go through the fast, free sign-up process to see competitive quotes and personalized recommendations. If you have any questions, Jerry’s friendly agents are available every step of the way.
Try it today to see why Jerry is the number one insurance app on the App Store.
Which K&N oil filter should I buy?
The Silver oil filter is a fine, affordable choice for the average car owner. The Gold oil filter is slightly higher quality and touts special design features for easy installation.
Who makes K&N oil filters?
K&N Engineering Inc is a manufacturer of oil filters, air filters, performance parts, and more. Goldman Sachs owns K&N.