How do you replace the windshield wipers on a 2012 Honda Civic?
My sister let me keep her car while she’s been overseas for the last couple of months. She’s coming back next week and I want to make sure the car is in great condition, starting with the wipers. How can I replace the windshield wipers on a 2012 Honda Civic?
Answer provided by
- Buy the proper size windshield wipers. If you aren’t sure what size you need, check the owner’s manual.
- Position your wipers midway across the windshield by turning them on and off again.
- Lift your wipers away from your windshield. This will make the changing process easier.
- Take the old wipers out by releasing the hook attachment at the base of the wiper blades. Remove and replace the wipers one side at a time to avoid putting your blades on the wrong sides.
- Push the end of the wiper arm through the hole on the adapter until it clicks.
- Lower your wipers and test them before discarding the old wipers and packaging.