How do I replace the rear speakers in a 2002 Honda Civic?
My 2002 Honda Civic has been my commuter car for years and it still runs great. However, I must’ve been rocking out a bit too much because the rear speakers recently blew out and I bought a new pair. So how do I replace the speakers in a 2002 Honda Civic?
- Pop the trunk.
- Look at the top of the interior of the trunk. You should see the cone of each speaker on the left- and right-hand sides of the top of the trunk. Measuring these speakers will ensure that you purchase the right replacements.
- Use the manual lever in the trunk to lower both rear seats.
- Go into the interior of the vehicle.
- Pop off the plastic rim around the lock of the trunks.
- Remove the right and left sides of padding by each door by removing the bolt.
- Remove the remaining trim and speaker covers.
- Take the speakers out by removing the screws and disconnecting the wiring harnesses.
- Pop your speakers into place.
- Repeat these steps in reverse and you’re back in business.