A paint code indicates the exact paint you’ll need to match your car’s current color. A Honda’s paint code can be found on the driver-side door jam.
Don’t let dings and scrapes get the best of your Honda. Use your car’s paint code to find the right shade and touch up your ride’s paint job. With the paint code and a little hard work, your Honda will look as good as new.
Compare insurance quotes from 50+ carriers with Jerry in under 45 seconds
Where can I find my Honda’s paint code?
All Honda paint codes are located in the driver-side door jam. There will be a rectangular card with different information about your Honda, including its paint code. On newer Hondas, the paint code is beneath the bar code in the center.
The paint code is a combination of letters and numbers that indicate the exact shade of paint to use in order to match your car’s current hue.
Once you find the paint code, use
this chartto find the proper paint.
What if there’s no paint code on the car’s label?
If your Honda does not have a label or it has become unreliable, don’t panic—you can use your car’s VIN (Vehicle Identification Number) to find the paint code. The VIN is a string of 17 numbers and letters unique to your car.
Here’s where you can find the VIN for your Honda:
- It may be listed on a sticker on the driver's side, either on the dashboard or on the door. Some older vehicles also put the VIN under the hood.
- If you can’t find the VIN on your vehicle, it will be listed on your Honda’s registration and title document.
Once you find your VIN, call a Honda dealership or search online to find the correct paint code.
Where can I get paint for my Honda?
With the paint code, you can now purchase the paint you need to touch up your Honda.
Either check out the Honda website, head to an auto retailer, or purchase the paint online.
Paint touch-up tips
Before you start painting your Honda, check out this guide to perfecting your paint touch-up!
- Use soap and water to wash the areas you plan to paint.
- If there is any rust, rub it down with sandpaper or a wire brush.
- Apply primer to the area you plan to paint and leave it on overnight. The next day, sand for a smooth and even surface.
- Paint the area. Do multiple coats with twenty-minute breaks in between.
- The next day, add a clear protective coat. Once again, do multiple coats with breaks in-between.
- After three days you should buff the area with a rubbing compound. This will give your car a fresh-off-the-lot shine!
How to find affordable car insurance
Jerry makes it easy to save on your car insurance. A fast and free sign-up gives you access to a list of competitive car insurance quotes, all from top providers. Using these quotes, you’ll find the coverage you want at a price you like in less than ten minutes.
Join Jerry today and see why the average user saves more than $800 a year.
“I would 11/10 recommendJerry. I was originally quoted $700+ for insurance for my new car, but by using Jerry I got my payments down to $320 a month. They also have a great support team ready to answer any questions!” —Tobias F.
Thousands of customers saved on average $887/year on their car insurance with Jerry
This app is great, but the customer service is even better! Not to mention convenient! My husband and I got the lowest rate (much lower than the rates I was finding online through my own searches), quickly, and pretty much all through text message! Thank you so much for a hassle free experience👍