What roadside assistance should I get if I have an old car and I drive through areas with no cell phone coverage?

"I have a car with around 300,000 miles on it. I'm often driving through rural and mountainous areas because I'm a photographer and avid hiker.

What roadside assistance program should I get for remote areas with little or no cell phone coverage?"

Answer provided by
Eric Schad
Answered on Jun 23, 2021
Eric Schad has been a freelance writer for nearly a decade, as well as an SEO specialist and editor for the past five years. Before getting behind the keyboard, he worked in the finance and music industries (the perfect combo). With a wide array of professional and personal experiences, he’s developed a knack for tone and branding across many different verticals. Away from the computer, Schad is a blues guitar shredder, crazed sports fan, and always down for a spontaneous trip anywhere around the globe.
“Becoming a AAA member or getting insurance from them (which includes roadside assistance) is probably your best bet. They have the best response times and best coverage area among providers.
As far as no cell phone coverage, you may want to consider getting a CB radio in your vehicle. They’re inexpensive and can save your life if you’re in a dangerous situation where you’re stranded in a remote area.”

Did this answer help you?

Ask us a question by email and we will respond within a few days.

Have a different question?

You can meet us at our office and discuss the details of your question.

Easiest way to compare and buy car insurance

No long forms
No spam or unwanted phone calls
Quotes from top insurance companies