Should I buy an Acura extended warranty?
I’m in the middle of buying an Acura, but I’m not sure if I should buy the extended warranty. I’ve weighed some of the pros and cons, yet I still can’t come to a conclusion. Should I actually purchase an extended warranty from Acura or should I decline it?
Answer provided by
- You’ll save money on repairs if you own the car outside of the original warranty
- You won’t feel pressure to sell a car you love due to potential repairs
- The ability to customize the length and type of coverage
- Improved resale value
- Extended warranty plans don’t cover as much as you think in most cases, including maintenance and normal wear and tear
- Feelings of being tied to a car, even when you want a new one
- Cost of the warranty may be more than what you actually pay for repairs