How long does it take to get a hardship license in New York?
Does it take a long time to be approved for a hardship license in New York? I have a court date next week and I am worried about this becoming a long process. I have never had a DUI before and I don't know what to expect; how long does it usually take to be approved?
- You must have no other DUIs in the past five years.
- You must not have refused a sobriety test at the time you were stopped.
- You must have proof that there are no other alternative ways to get to work, such as public transportation or carpooling.
- You need a copy of your W2 or pay stub to prove that you cannot afford the cost of taxis or ridesharing.
- You need a witness in attendance that will confirm there is no other way for you to get to work.