How do you restart a Tesla Model 3 screen?
Is there any way for me to restart my Tesla Model 3’s screen without taking it to a mechanic? I’ve been having some problems with it lately and it’s finally gone totally non-responsive, but I don’t want to pay to bring it in somewhere if I don’t have to.
- Put the vehicle in park and close all the doors.
- Press and hold the brake pedal.
- While the pedal’s depressed, press and hold both scroll wheels.
- Keep holding the brake and scroll buttons until the screen flashes back to life.
- Turn off the climate control system and fully open the driver’s window.
- Open the front trunk (frunk), and turn off the car.
- Disconnect the 12V battery terminal in the frunk with a 10mm socket wrench, and isolate it from the post.
- Open the back door on the passenger side and fasten all the seatbelts.
- Release the clips on the bottom of the seats and lift them to access the foam cover on the wire harness.
- Remove the foam cover.
- Unplug the wire harness
- Wait for at least two to five minutes.
- Plugin the wire harness, replace the foam, put down the seats, and reconnect your battery.
- The screen should start working!