How do you get liability insurance for a rental car?
I'm looking to rent a car for a couple weeks for a long-overdue road trip with some old college friends—I live in a city with strong public transit, so I haven't needed to own a car in awhile. Given that it's been a bit since I've driven, and that multiple people are going to be driving for long stretches of time, I want to make sure we're covered for any issues that might arise, especially in terms of liability. So how do I get liability insurance for a rental car?
- A collision damage waiver for damages to the bodywork
- Theft protection coverage
- Third-party liability insurance
- Damages to parts of the car other than the bodywork (like the windows or the engine)
- Medical expenses for anyone in your vehicle in the event of an accident