How can I report claim for damage from bottoming out?

"Will insurance cover bottoming out? I took my car to a mechanic and he said that my car has extensive damage from bottoming out. It happened multiple times, so I can't really connect it to one incident. I want to file a claim with my insurance company."

“Your insurance company may cover the damages if you have collision insurance. You need to be able to connect the damage to a specific time and incident.
If the damage happened multiple times, you need to connect each incident to a separate claim. For each claim, you have to pay your deductible.
Depending on the cost of repairs and the deductible you carry, it may be less expensive to pay out of pocket.
If you don’t have collision insurance, you will need to pay for the damage out of pocket.
You can speak with your insurance company directly to find out what would be covered. Since you already have an estimate from a mechanic, you may be able to submit that to them. From there, you can see what they’ll cover.”
Emily Maracle
Answered on Jul 28, 2021
Emily Maracle is a car insurance specialist living in New York. Originally from the Pacific Northwest, she has a degree in English Literature and a background in customer service. She enjoys cooking, gardening, and living sustainably. In the future, she can't wait to upgrade to a hybrid or electric car.

Did this answer help you?

Ask us a question by email and we will respond within a few days.

Have a different question?

You can meet us at our office and discuss the details of your question.

Easiest way to compare and buy car insurance

No long forms
No spam or unwanted phone calls
Quotes from top insurance companies