What should I do if my car insurance's roadside assistance provider damaged my Ford Fusion?

"My Ford Fusion broke down, so I called my insurance company's roadside assistance to assist me.

When they towed the vehicle, the car started smoking. The driver pulled over, scratched his head, shrugged, and carried on.

When I got to the mechanic, they told me that I needed a new transmission and that this can happen if the car is towed improperly.

What should I do?"

Answer provided by
Eric Schad
Answered on Jun 23, 2021
Eric Schad has been a freelance writer for nearly a decade, as well as an SEO specialist and editor for the past five years. Before getting behind the keyboard, he worked in the finance and music industries (the perfect combo). With a wide array of professional and personal experiences, he’s developed a knack for tone and branding across many different verticals. Away from the computer, Schad is a blues guitar shredder, crazed sports fan, and always down for a spontaneous trip anywhere around the globe.
“Since it’s the towing and labor coverage portion of your policy, your insurance company will handle it.
You need to call them ASAP and tell them what happened. Then they’ll tell you if you need to file a claim or what the next step should be.”

Did this answer help you?

Ask us a question by email and we will respond within a few days.

Have a different question?

You can meet us at our office and discuss the details of your question.

Easiest way to compare and buy car insurance

No long forms
No spam or unwanted phone calls
Quotes from top insurance companies