What are some bad car paint job signs?
My car's fresh paint job is a disaster. It looked good in the shop, but in the sunlight, it was streaky and uneven. Luckily, they offered a refund. What are some bad car paint job signs I should look for before I leave the shop?
Answer provided by
Sorry to hear this happened to you! Glad to hear you at least got your money back. Lighting can definitely be deceptive when you’re evaluating a paint job.
These are some common signs your recent paint job might not have been up to par:
- Uneven paint texture: Bad paint application techniques can give your car’s fresh paint job a texture that looks and feels uneven.
- Inconsistent color: Poorly mixed or unevenly applied paint can mean inconsistent color that doesn’t match your vehicle’s original shade.
- Overspray: You might notice overspray or subtle paint speckling on a part of your car that should have been covered while the paint was being sprayed on a different area.
- Bad sanding: If your car is getting dent repair, this might require some sanding work before painting gets underway. A bad sanding job under your new paint job can still be noticed on the surface
- Running paint: A bad paint job on a car can run in streaks and dry that way.
If the shop is too dimly lit, there’s no harm in asking them to pull your car outside so you can take a better look at the work you’re paying for.
Hopefully, you have better luck with your next paint job. As you continue looking after your car, make sure your car insurance policy is doing the same. f you’re looking for a shiny new policy, the Jerry app can be of service!
All it takes is answering a few brief questions, and then you can start comparing personalized car insurance quotes to find the right coverage for you at the right price.
Getting started takes less than a minute, and the average Jerry user saves $887 per year on car insurance!
Here to save on car and home insurance? Great, you do that. We’ll do everything else.
Sign up in under a minute.
No need to fill out forms or shop around. Sign up in 45 seconds to start saving. Jerry does the rest.
Jerry collects and analyzes your current coverage.
Say hello to Jerry, your new insurance agent. We’ll contact your insurance company, review your current plan, then find the coverage that fits your needs and saves you money.
Get the best options before your renewal.
Jerry does all the picky, busy work by comparing prices and coverage from more than 50+ insurance companies. We compare what we find to your current policy and offer you the three best options before every renewal.
Read advice from car experts at Jerry
Browse by topics
What others are asking
Why is my Jeep shaking?
So, my Jeep has been shaking lately. I’m pretty worried. I mean, it’s shaking a lot. It usually happens when I get up around 55 mph. I don’t know if this is a sign of something seriously wrong with it. What could cause my Jeep to shake like this?
Apr 13, 2022
How do you put a snowmobile in a truck bed?
I’ve just bought myself a new snowmobile and I’d like to take it out on some trails an hour north of where I live. Do you know how to load a snowmobile in a truck bed?
Apr 13, 2022
Should my truck have 17 or 18-inch wheels?
I’m getting my Ford F-150 set up for offroading and I’m hoping to upgrade my tires, but I don’t understand the difference between the 17 and 18-inch options. Should I get 17 or 18-inch tires for my truck?
Apr 13, 2022