If my mom doesn't have collision coverage but got in an accident, will she have to pay for the damages to her car?

"For reference, my mom was turning left on a green arrow, and another car hit her. Her car is pretty damaged, but she doesn't have collision insurance. Will the other driver's insurance pay for the repairs?"

Answer
“In the case of accidents, car insurance companies use a percentage system to assign blame for the accident. For instance, they could say one driver is 80% at fault for the accident and the other driver 20%. They negotiate these percentages based on police reports and the information you provide them.
If the insurance companies find the other driver was 100% at fault, then their liability car insurance should cover all the damages. However, if your mother was even partially at fault, she might incur some of the costs.”
avatar
Sophie Newman
Answered on Jul 27, 2021
Sophie Newman is a writer from California. Her hobbies include brewing her own kombucha, riding horses, and taking long road trips.
thumb-up

Did this answer help you?

Ask us a question by email and we will respond within a few days.
thumb-up

Have a different question?

You can meet us at our office and discuss the details of your question.

Easiest way to compare and buy car insurance

√
No long forms
√
No spam or unwanted phone calls
√
Quotes from top insurance companies