How do I reset my Kenwood car stereo?
What do I need to do to reset my Kenwood car stereo to factory settings? I’m selling my car and I want to reset my stereo before I give the car to the new owner. The stereo is the touchscreen model.
Resetting your Kenwood stereo is a nice gesture! Few other sellers would do that. So here’s what you need to do to reset your Kenwood car stereo:
- Hold down the eject CD and volume buttons simultaneously.
- While holding the eject CD and volume buttons, locate the reset button, which should be at the top left corner of the stereo. Hold this button down for 10 seconds.
- Once the stereo starts to boot back up, release the buttons.
- On the touchscreen, find and click the Initialize All button and follow the prompts on the screen.
- Finally, press the reset button one more time. This should return your stereo to factory settings!
When you sell your car, make sure to update your insurance policy as well. To make the process easy, use Jerry! This app can help you find the best rates available on the insurance coverage you need and even cancel old policy. Just download the app and answer a few questions to get started!
Did this answer help you?
Ask us a question by email and we will respond within a few days.
Have a different question?
You can meet us at our office and discuss the details of your question.
Read advice from car experts at Jerry
Browse by topics
What others are asking
Does GEICO offer rental reimbursement?
Does GEICO have rental reimbursement? My car was damaged in a not-at-fault accident and needs to be repaired. I'll need a rental car to get to work while it is being fixed.
Nov 26, 2021
How do I know if my car has CAN bus?
How can I check to see if my car has CAN Bus? I bought some CAN bus bulbs because I didn’t realize that you also have to have a CAN bus system in your car to use them. Even if I don’t have the system, would they still work for my car?
Nov 29, 2021
How can a college student get a car loan?
I need a car, but I’m not sure how to get a loan as a college student. What can a college student do to get a car loan?
Nov 29, 2021