How can I turn off the maintenance light on a Toyota?
The maintenance light on my car came on recently. I had my mechanic friend check it out, and he said everything looked okay, but it needed an oil change. He changed the oil, but the light still hasn’t turned off. How can I turn the maintenance light off on my Toyota?
- Turn the vehicle on and make sure the odometer displays total miles and not the trip meter
- Turn the vehicle off and press and hold the trip meter reset button
- Continue to hold down the reset button and turn the key to the ON position, but do not start the engine
- Maintain pressure on the reset button while the odometer displays dashes and zeros
- Release the reset button once the regular odometer reading returns