Does Plymouth Rock offer gap insurance?

I’m leasing a car and they’re requiring gap insurance. Do I have to get it through the dealership or can I get it through Plymouth Rock?

Jacqulyn Graber · Answered on Feb 07, 2023
Reviewed by Shannon Martin, Licensed Insurance Agent.
Yes—Plymouth Rock absolutely offers gap insurance for newly financed or leased vehicles.
When you buy or lease a brand new car, it’s likely that your dealership or car loan provider will require you to purchase gap insurance. They might suggest that you buy it straight from them, but this can be expensive—especially since you’ll pay interest as the cost of gap insurance will be added to your monthly payments.
If you have a car insurance policy through Plymouth Rock, adding gap insurance to your policy will likely be much cheaper. What’s more, eventually the gap between your vehicle’s value and what you still owe on your loan will diminish—and Plymouth Rock allows you to cancel gap insurance at any time.
The great thing about gap insurance is you get your money’s worth on your vehicle. With standalone car insurance, you would only get paid your vehicle’s current value—which would not be much in a total loss accident. Gap insurance shines by making sure you’re covered for the amount left on your loan, plus your car’s depreciated value.
View full answer 
Jerry partners with more than 50 insurance companies, but our content is independently researched, written, and fact-checked by our team of editors and agents. We aren’t paid for reviews or other content.

Easiest way to compare and buy car insurance

No long forms
No spam or unwanted phone calls
Quotes from top insurance companies
Find insurance savings — it's 100% free