Can I legally compel someone to refinance a car loan?

I'd like to know what my legal options are. Any help you can give would be great!

Answer provided by
Johnny Puckett
Answered on Apr 07, 2021
Johnny Puckett is a freelance writer and automotive expert. He has contributed content to a number of some of the largest online publications, aftermarket automotive manufacturers’ sites, and automotive informational sites. His experience in the automotive and information fields informs his writing at Jerry. His automotive interests bleed into his free time, where he enjoys modifying his favorite cars and woodworking.
“No, you cannot force someone to refinance a car. If it is your car that someone else has possession of, you should get it back through either a written demand or legal action. Once the car is back in your possession, you can sell it to pay off the loan, surrender the car to the lender, or keep making payments on the loan.

Did this answer help you?

Ask us a question by email and we will respond within a few days.

Have a different question?

You can meet us at our office and discuss the details of your question.

Easiest way to compare and buy car insurance

No long forms
No spam or unwanted phone calls
Quotes from top insurance companies