Can I get a car loan in a parent's name?

I have limited credit and I'm not making much money, so I don't know if I'd qualify for a loan. Is getting one of my parents to apply for me a possible solution?

Answer provided by
Johnny Puckett
Answered on Mar 12, 2021
There are some lenders that will allow a parent to finance a car for their child, but it is usually required that the car be registered to the person whose name is on the loan. The parent may also need to be listed as the main driver on the car.
If you need to be listed as the main driver, or if the car needs to be registered to you, you should consider getting your parent to cosign a loan for you. An unsecured personal loan may also be an option.

Did this answer help you?

Ask us a question by email and we will respond within a few days.

Have a different question?

You can meet us at our office and discuss the details of your question.

Easiest way to compare and buy car insurance

No long forms
No spam or unwanted phone calls
Quotes from top insurance companies