Will emergency roadside services come to my house for a tow?

Because I'm not broken down on the side of the road, can I still use emergency roadside services through my car insurance? My car started shaking violently and overheating close to my home, but I was able to get it into the driveway. It's basically inoperable; the chances of getting it to the repair shop on its own are zero.

“Yes, you should be able to use them no problem. The location of the incident doesn’t matter so much as the condition of your vehicle.
Use your roadside assistance, or towing and labor coverage to get a tow truck.
Just make sure to ask how far they’ll tow you for free so you don’t have to pay a ton of extra money out of pocket.
If you’re anxious about having enough roadside assistance coverage, consider getting a membership with an additional service, like AAA.”
Eric Schad
Answered on Jul 21, 2021
Eric Schad has been a freelance writer for nearly a decade, as well as an SEO specialist and editor for the past five years. Before getting behind the keyboard, he worked in the finance and music industries (the perfect combo). With a wide array of professional and personal experiences, he’s developed a knack for tone and branding across many different verticals. Away from the computer, Schad is a blues guitar shredder, crazed sports fan, and always down for a spontaneous trip anywhere around the globe.

Did this answer help you?

Ask us a question by email and we will respond within a few days.

Have a different question?

You can meet us at our office and discuss the details of your question.

Easiest way to compare and buy car insurance

No long forms
No spam or unwanted phone calls
Quotes from top insurance companies