What coverage would I need to protect my car's sound system?

"Is there anything I can add on an insurance policy to protect my sound system? I want coverage to make sure it's protected if stolen."

Answer provided by
Emily Maracle
Answered on Jul 28, 2021
Emily Maracle is a car insurance specialist living in New York. Originally from the Pacific Northwest, she has a degree in English Literature and a background in customer service. She enjoys cooking, gardening, and living sustainably. In the future, she can't wait to upgrade to a hybrid or electric car.
“To protect your sound system, you’ll need to find out what coverage your insurance company offers.
If you’re looking to protect a sound system that came with your vehicle, you may need to add comprehensive insurance and collision insurance to your policy.
If you installed the sound system yourself, you’d probably have to add sound system coverage to your policy.
Both of these options should protect your sound system from damage or theft.
If your current insurance company doesn’t offer coverage for sound systems, you can also shop around. Coverage for aftermarket parts and equipment is popular, so it should be fairly easy to find a carrier that would offer affordable coverage.
You can request car insurance quotes online to explore coverage options with other carriers.”

Did this answer help you?

Ask us a question by email and we will respond within a few days.

Have a different question?

You can meet us at our office and discuss the details of your question.

Easiest way to compare and buy car insurance

No long forms
No spam or unwanted phone calls
Quotes from top insurance companies