What are the crash safety ratings for the 2008 Subaru Outback?
A friend of mine is getting rid of his 2008 Subaru Outback and he’s going to give me a cut-rate if I want to buy it. My only concern is that I have two small children, so I want to make sure that the car is safe. What’s the safety rating for the 2008 Subaru Outback?
Answer provided by
- A perfect five-star rating from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA)
- A Good rating (equivalent to four out of four stars) from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS)
- Front, side, and overhead airbags
- Standard anti-theft device
- Electronic stability control
- Anti-lock brakes
- Front and rear crumple zones
- Child safety door locks