If my boyfriend wrecked my car, will my insurance pay for it?

"My boyfriend collided with another car in an intersection and it damaged my car pretty badly. Will my insurance pay for it, or will his?"

“If your boyfriend was driving a car registered in your name, your collision insurance (if you have it), should pay for damages to your car and your liability insurance will pay for the damages to the other vehicle if your boyfriend was at-fault.
If your boyfriend has non-owner car insurance, that could help cover the costs if your insurance is not enough. Expect your premiums to rise even if you weren’t the driver.”
Sophie Newman
Answered on Jul 27, 2021
Sophie Newman is a writer from California. Her hobbies include brewing her own kombucha, riding horses, and taking long road trips.

Did this answer help you?

Ask us a question by email and we will respond within a few days.

Have a different question?

You can meet us at our office and discuss the details of your question.
Let Jerry’s experts help you find savings on your car insurance!
No long forms or spam · Get quotes from 40+ carriers
Find insurance savings (100% Free)
rating primary
4.7/5 Rating on App Store

Easiest way to compare and buy car insurance

No long forms
No spam or unwanted phone calls
Quotes from top insurance companies
Find insurance savings — it's 100% free