How do you transfer a car title in Florida after someone's death?

My grandfather recently passed. In his will, he left me his 1969 Camaro. I know I need to transfer the title, but how would I do that after he has died?

I’m so sorry to hear about your grandfather. Since your grandfather left you his Camaro through his will, transferring the title is much easier. In Florida, the executor of your grandfather’s will needs to fill out an application for the certificate of the title at the FLHSMV.
Along with the application, the executor will need to include:
  • Proof of ownership
  • Additional affidavits from the estate
Once the FLHSMV has approved the application, your grandfather’s Camaro will be in your name.
Emily Maracle
Answered on Nov 18, 2021
Emily Maracle is a car insurance specialist living in New York. Originally from the Pacific Northwest, she has a degree in English Literature and a background in customer service. She enjoys cooking, gardening, and living sustainably. In the future, she can't wait to upgrade to a hybrid or electric car.

Did this answer help you?

Ask us a question by email and we will respond within a few days.

Have a different question?

You can meet us at our office and discuss the details of your question.
Let Jerry’s experts help you find savings on your car insurance!
No long forms or spam · Get quotes from 40+ carriers
Find insurance savings (100% Free)
rating primary
4.7/5 Rating on App Store

Easiest way to compare and buy car insurance

No long forms
No spam or unwanted phone calls
Quotes from top insurance companies
Find insurance savings — it's 100% free