How do you change a Honda Accord headlight bulb?
I own a 2017 Honda Accord and noticed the left headlight bulb has burnt out. How do you change a Honda Accord headlight bulb yourself?
Answer provided by
Headlight safety is a huge deal—luckily, replacing a headlight bulb is a much easier process than, say, replacing an engine! If you’re up to the task, you can save yourself the mechanic bill and change the headlight bulb yourself. To change a Honda Accord headlight bulb yourself, you’ll need:
- New headlight bulb (usually you can order or purchase one at an auto shop)
- Latex or vinyl gloves
- Basic tools
Before you get started, make sure your car is parked and off—engines, headlights, and all—and that your keys aren’t sitting in the ignition. Then,
- Pop the hood: You’ll need to get inside the car before making any changes
- Open the headlight assembly: You’ll find the back of your headlight assembly near your car’s battery
- Disconnect the old lightbulb: You’ll have to remove the power cable and any wiring to the faulty bulb
- Remove old lightbulb: Turn the bulb counterclockwise to detach it from the headlight assembly entirely
- Attach your new lightbulb: Make sure you’re wearing gloves for this part! The bulb will go in the same place as the one you just removed—this time, twist it clockwise to lock it in place
- Reattach wires
- Test the headlight: This is the last step! Once everything’s reconnected, turn your car on and make sure the bulb works
All in all, the process shouldn’t take you more than an hour or two. You can also always consult your car’s owner’s manual for extra help regarding your specific vehicle. Fixing simple problems like burnt-out headlight bulbs yourself can save you hundreds on maintenance bills—-and downloading the car insurance comparison app Jerry can save you hundreds on car insurance!
As a licensed insurance broker, Jerry generates dozens of cheap quotes for you to compare, from top name-brand companies like Geico, Progressive, Allstate, and more.
Here to save on car and home insurance? Great, you do that. We’ll do everything else.
Sign up in under a minute.
No need to fill out forms or shop around. Sign up in 45 seconds to start saving. Jerry does the rest.
Jerry collects and analyzes your current coverage.
Say hello to Jerry, your new insurance agent. We’ll contact your insurance company, review your current plan, then find the coverage that fits your needs and saves you money.
Get the best options before your renewal.
Jerry does all the picky, busy work by comparing prices and coverage from more than 50+ insurance companies. We compare what we find to your current policy and offer you the three best options before every renewal.
Read advice from car experts at Jerry
Browse by topics
What others are asking
What does Ford axle code B6 mean?
Hi! The sticker on my door jamb has a weird code in the axle column. Can you tell me what Ford axle code B6 means?
Apr 14, 2022
What does a Ford l9 axle code mean?
Can you tell me what a Ford l9 axle code means? I saw it on that little sticker inside my driver-side door. Thanks!
Apr 14, 2022
Is driving with your trunk open illegal?
My mom is giving me her old bike. My car doesn’t have a bike rack so I was going to transport it in my trunk. The problem is the trunk won’t close with the bike in it. Can you legally drive with your trunk open?
Apr 14, 2022