How do I reset the maintenance on a 2001 Honda Civic?
What are the steps to reset the maintenance light on a 2001 Honda Civic? My grandpa was recently diagnosed with dementia, and as a safety precaution, he doesn’t want to drive anymore. He decided to give me his old car. I plan to use this car and continue the maintenance, but I don’t know how to reset the maintenance light.
- Put the key in the ignition and do not start the car.
- Located on the dashboard, push and hold the Reset button.
- Hold down the button and turn the ignition on. Once the vehicle is on, continue to hold down the switch for roughly 15 seconds until you see the Maintenance Required light turn off.
- Release the button. Turn off the car.
- Start the vehicle to confirm the Maintenance light is reset.