Does USAA provide coverage in Canada?

I'm going to rent a car while visiting Canada. Will I be covered by my car insurance? I have USAA on my car in the US.

“While USAA extends insurance coverage to Canada, you’ll still want to get rental car insurance.
Your USAA coverage only extends to your vehicle if you’re driving it in Canada. Since you’re renting a vehicle, you’ll need additional car insurance on the rental car. You can get this directly from the rental car company, select credit cards, or a travel insurance company.
To determine what the best coverage for you is, you’ll want to look at various options and their cost. You’ll also want to factor in how long you’ll be renting the car and the amount of coverage you’ll need.
Some travel insurance plans will let you bundle multiple coverages into one policy, ensuring you are protected regardless of the situation.
If you travel to Canada frequently and rent cars, you may want to consider a company that covers your car and rental cars when you’re there. Use the Jerry app to compare rates from 50 top insurers to find the best policy.”
Emily Maracle
Answered on Aug 16, 2021
Emily Maracle is a car insurance specialist living in New York. Originally from the Pacific Northwest, she has a degree in English Literature and a background in customer service. She enjoys cooking, gardening, and living sustainably. In the future, she can't wait to upgrade to a hybrid or electric car.

Did this answer help you?

Ask us a question by email and we will respond within a few days.

Have a different question?

You can meet us at our office and discuss the details of your question.