Does Allstate cover you in Mexico?

I am taking a trip to Mexico and taking my car. It's currently insured with Allstate. Will I have coverage?

“If you’ll be driving your car in Mexico, you will need to get a separate car insurance policy.
Allstate doesn’t extend coverage to Mexico. However, they work with a Mexican insurance agency to provide Mexico tourist auto insurance. For coverage, you’ll need to reach out to your agent or Allstate directly before leaving the U.S. at 1-877-366-1607.
Car insurance policies through Mexican affiliates offer:
  • Physical damage and theft
  • Bodily injury or property damage you cause to others (up to $500,000)
  • Medical payments for you and your passengers
  • Loan or lease payoff for a totaled new car
  • Medical evacuation
  • Roadside assistance
  • Legal assistance
Once you have coverage, keep a copy of your insurance declaration page and ID cards in your vehicle. When you cross the border into Mexico, officials may request proof of valid insurance.
When you return to the U.S., you may want to take a look at your car insurance policy. While Allstate is a reputable company, shopping around with the Jerry app can save you money by letting you compare dozens of quotes in about a minute.”
Emily Maracle
Answered on Aug 16, 2021
Emily Maracle is a car insurance specialist living in New York. Originally from the Pacific Northwest, she has a degree in English Literature and a background in customer service. She enjoys cooking, gardening, and living sustainably. In the future, she can't wait to upgrade to a hybrid or electric car.

Did this answer help you?

Ask us a question by email and we will respond within a few days.

Have a different question?

You can meet us at our office and discuss the details of your question.