Do I have to change my insurance and registration if I move from Ohio to Pennsylvania?

I just got a job offer in Pittsburgh, so I'm moving in the next few weeks. Do I have to change my insurance and registration once I move, or can I keep them in Ohio?

Apr 23, 2021
Answer provided by
Eric Schad
Answered at Apr 23, 2021
“According to the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation, once you move to Pittsburgh, you have 30 days to get a new license and register your vehicle in the state.
To get that registration, you’ll also need proof of insurance from that state. So you’ll need to switch your car insurance over.
While Pennsylvania has some of the lowest state-minimum liability insurance requirements in the nation (15/30/5), most people find that this is far too little coverage to keep. Go with a liability insurance policy with higher limits, such as 100/300/100 or 250/500/250, so you aren’t left paying out of pocket for damages and injuries.”
Car Insurance

Did this answer help you?

Ask us a question by email and we will respond within a few days.

Have a different question?

You can meet us at our office and discuss the details of your question.

Easiest way to compare and buy car insurance

No long forms
No spam or unwanted phone calls
Quotes from top insurance companies