Table of Contents
- What type of business is Total Fire Protection?
- What fire protection services does Total Fire Protection offer?
- What makes Total Fire Protection services unique?
- The downside: Limited service area
- How fire protection could save you money on home insurance
- How to save money on homeowners insurance
Load full table of contents
Total Fire Protection offers a wide range of fire protection services, products, and training for residential, commercial, and industrial customers.
According to the 2020 Home Trends Report, one of the top causes of property loss reported to homeowners insurance companies was house fires. That’s why having good insurance coverage is crucial. But if you want to make sure your property is protected against loss from fires, Total Fire Protection provides great options for businesses and homeowners alike.
Let Jerry find you the best homeowners insurance policy for your needs
* checking your rate won’t affect your credit score
* checking your rate won’t affect your credit score
What type of business is Total Fire Protection?
Established in 1991, the Total Fire Protection company offers the full spectrum of fire protection services along with equipment sales and training. Total Fire Protection is a family-owned and operated business that prides itself on keeping up to date with the latest research, technology, and safety guidelines. The headquarters is based in
Michigan, but it also has branches in
Total Fire Protection’s services include:
- 24/7 emergency services
- System installation, repairs, and maintenance
- Fire and security alarms
- Fire extinguisher sales and inspection
- Fire training
- Sprinkler system design
- Equipment sales
What fire protection services does Total Fire Protection offer?
Total Fire Protection’s services can be broken down into six main categories:
- Fabrication and Design: Designers will work with customers to evaluate the needs of their home or business to develop a fire suppression and alarm system that fits their needs, and a fabrication team can build all your system’s components
- Installation: Installation teams will take your custom-built components and install your system in your home or business
- Repair and Maintenance: After your system is installed, certified inspectors can conduct regular system inspections and testing to make sure your system is still working properly. If an issue does arise, repair technicians can fix problems with your system quickly
- Training: Total Fire Protection professionals provide hands-on fire training for business employees customized for your unique system and building layout
- Alarms: Total Fire Protection offers more than just fire alarms—you can fire and security alarms with central station monitoring, along with options for closed-circuit surveillance, card access panels, and systems integration
- Sales: Not only does Total Fire Protection offer services and training, but they can also provide you with all of your equipment needs. They sell everything from exit signs, emergency lights, and fire extinguishers to storage for flammable items.
What makes Total Fire Protection services unique?
Total Fire Protection is unique for several reasons, including the wide range of services it offers, its professional accreditations, and unique services.
Total Fire Protection does just that—offers complete fire protection from start to finish. The company provides everything from the system designing stage, fabrication, and installation, all the way to repairing and maintaining that system once it’s installed. Plus, it offers training and monitoring services for homes and businesses.
Total Fire Protection is on the cutting edge of fire prevention research, and it offers the latest technology that complies with all current safety standards. Total Fire Protection is a member of 10 professional organizations including the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) and the American Fire Sprinkler Association (AFSA).
Special hazard services
Have something in your home or business that requires a non-traditional approach to fire suppression? Total Fire Protection has you covered. It offers systems designed for things like sensitive technological equipment that can’t get wet, unique or irreplaceable assets, or areas that contain equipment of exceedingly high value.
The downside: Limited service area
Even though Total Fire Protection is a top-notch company with great services, its service area isn’t nationwide. You can take advantage of its services if you’re in most areas of Michigan, Colorado, Montana, or Florida, but outside of those states, you’ll have to look elsewhere for fire protection services.
How fire protection could save you money on home insurance
For home and business owners alike, fire can pose a huge risk to property. In fact, fires resulted in nearly $22 billion in property damage in 2020 alone.
Here are some coverage options to consider:
- Main dwelling coverage will cover the costs of rebuilding your home in the event of a fire.
- Personal property coverage will help you replace the contents of your home (or rental property) if items are damaged or lost in a fire.
- Additional living expenses coverage will help cover the costs of hotels and food if a fire forces you out of your home.
- Liability coveragecan help cover legal fees if you unintentionally caused a structural fire.
The average cost of homeowners insurance is nearly $1,400 per year. However, insurance premiums are based on how risky your property is to insure. If you want to lower the cost of your insurance premiums,
installing fire protection systemsis a great way to do it. Fire protection measures reduce your risk of a structural fire, which in turn lowers your risk of filing an insurance claim, which means lower premiums.
Insurance companies may even offer
specific discountsfor fire-related safety measures. Here are a few common ones:
- Installing a fire alarm connected to a 24/7 monitoring service
- Installing a sprinkler system
- Using fire-resistant materials when you’re building or remodeling a house
- Installing smoke detectors throughout your home
- Purchasing fire extinguishers, especially for areas like your kitchen where fires might originate
How to save money on homeowners insurance
This #1 rated insurance super-app can deliver personalized quotes from the nation’s top insurance providers in just under a minute. You can compare rates on the coverage you need so you know you’re getting the best deal. Jerry customer support can even help you
bundle your home and car insurancepolicies for extra savings.
Curious to know just how much you can save? The average Jerry user saves $887 a year just on their car insurance premiums.
“Jerrywas wonderful! I used it for my auto and renters policies. I trusted it so much that I signed up my homeowners insurance under Jerry as well. All of the agents are amazingly nice and knowledgeable.” —Mary Y.
Compare auto insurance policies
No spam or unwanted phone calls · No long forms · No fees, ever