Chrysler is a domestic, non-luxury brand with slightly above-average reliability. The Auburn Hills, Michigan-based brand tends to be cheaper to maintain per year than the average vehicle, with an annual repair cost of around $608.
When you’re buying a vehicle, you’ll still have costs to cover after you drive off the lot. Properly maintaining your car is necessary if you want to keep it running, and some vehicles cost more than others to service yearly.
How much maintenance does my Chrysler need?
Chrysler is an accessible and affordable non-luxury car brand with above-average reliability. Expect your Chrysler to require less service, on average, than most other vehicles on the road.
According to RepairPal, Chryslers visit the mechanic shop about 0.3 times per year, lower than the average car on the road, which is in the shop for unscheduled repairs at a rate of 0.4 times per year. Thankfully, just 12% of those visits are considered severe, which is right in line with the average car on the road.
How much does maintenance for a Chrysler cost?
On average, a Chrysler will cost you roughly $608 each year for regular maintenance.
That being said, keep in mind that maintenance costs will depend on the type of Chrysler you drive. Below you’ll find the average yearly maintenance costs of some of the most popular Chryslers.
- Reliability: 4/5 (above average)
- Annual maintenance cost: $585 (average)
- Repair frequency: 0.3 times per year (average)
Mid-range: PT Cruiser
- Reliability: 3.5/5 (above average)
- Annual maintenance cost: $644 (average)
- Repair frequency: 0.2 times per year (low)
- Reliability: 3/5 ( average)
- Annual maintenance cost: $1710 (average)
- Repair frequency: 1.2 times per year (average)
Why you should maintain your Chrysler
Maintaining your Chrysler with scheduled maintenance can bring many benefits:
- Maintains a high-performance level
- Keeps your Chrysler safety on the road
- Maintains car’s high value
- Saves you money from costly problems developing over long periods
If you don’t take your Chrysler in for regular maintenance, you’re making yourself vulnerable to serious breakdowns and expensive repair bills down the road.
Key Takeaway While generally reliable, the more expensive your Chrysler, means you’ll likely face higher maintenance costs and more frequent repairs.
How often does a Chrysler need maintenance?
- When: Usually required every 5,000 to 7,500 miles
- Cost: $40 to $75
- Why: Helps remove excess dirt, particles, and grime that can impact the engine’s performance
- DIY?: Yes—if you have the right tools
- When: NHTSA recommends that tires be replaced every six years, no matter how many miles on your vehicle
- Cost: $150 to $500
- Why: Worn tires don’t get great traction and can be dangerous in bad weather
- DIY?: No—let a professional replace your tires so they are balanced for even wear and a smooth ride
Compare auto insurance policies
No spam or unwanted phone calls · No long forms · No fees, ever
- When: If your engine is damaged from a collision, if your engine block is cracked, or it simply has run its course in a high-mileage vehicle
- Cost: ~$5,000
- Why: A well-performing engine is vital to ensure your car has a long life
- DIY?: No—get a reputable mechanic to replace your engine
- When: If your windshield has a crack matching the length of a dollar bill, if a crack penetrates halfway-deep into the windshield, or if a crack reaches the windshield’s outer edge
- Cost: $290 to $400
- Why: Your vision and safety can be affected while driving with a severely cracked windshield
- DIY?: No—installing a new windshield yourself isn’t a good idea
- When: If your Chrysler has visible discoloration or peeling
- Cost: $1,000 to $4,500
- Why: Paint helps prevent corrosion and structural issues, and also improves resale value
- DIY?: Maybe—but a professional-looking paint job demands specialized tools and lots of time and patience
Finding cheap car insurance
Maintaining your Chrysler is about more than just taking it to the shop! Carrying a great car insurance plan will keep your car protected in even the most unexpected of circumstances.
If you want to save money on car insurance, the insurance comparison app
Jerryis a good place to start. As a licensed broker, Jerry handles all the hardest parts of shopping for a new policy—from comparing quotes to handling the paperwork when you decide to switch.
And to ensure you always have the cheapest rate, Jerry will send you new quotes every time your policy comes up for renewal, so you’re always getting the coverage you want at the best price.
This level of service is why Jerry earned a 4.6/5 rating on the App Store and made it the top insurance app in the country.
Haven’t shopped for insurance in the last six months? There might be hundreds $$$ in savings waiting for you.
Judith switched to Progressive
Saved $725 annually
Alexander switched to Travelers
Saved $834 annually
Annie switched to Nationwide
Saved $668 annually