What’s the best route from Pittsburgh to Myrtle Beach?
My husband and I are planning a romantic getaway to Myrtle Beach this summer. We are hoping to drive as opposed to flying, but aren’t sure of the most efficient way to get there from our home in Pittsburgh. What would be the fastest route from Pittsburgh, PA to Myrtle Beach, SC?
Answer provided by
- From Pittsburgh take I-79 S for 161 miles, entering West Virginia
- Take exit 57 toward Beckley to continue onto US-19 S for 69 miles
- Keep left to merge onto I-64 E/I-77 S
- Continue on I-77 S for 119 miles through Virginia and into North Carolina
- Keep left at the fork to continue on I-74, following signs for Mt. Airy/Winston
- Continue on US-52 S for 34 miles
- Take exit 107A for I-40 E towards Greensboro, then merge onto I-40 E
- Continue right at the fork on I-74
- Stay on I-74 for 72 miles until it becomes US-220 S, then follow US-220 S for another 8.5 miles
- Merge onto US-1 S, then use the right lane to merge onto I-74 E via the ramp to Laurinburg
- Take exit 319 for NC-38 toward Hamlet
- Follow SC-38 E and US-501 S to US-17 BUS N
- Follow US-17 BUS N for 104 miles to arrive at your destination in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina!