What’s the best route from Las Vegas to San Francisco?
So the fellas and I like to “make it rain” (as the kids say) here in Vegas, but we’re getting older and feel like we should enjoy life in a more sophisticated manner. What’s the best route from Las Vegas to San Francisco?
Answer provided by
Well, you’ve got quite the adventurous (and very un-Vegas) drive ahead of you!
The best route from Las Vegas to San Francisco is I-15 S to I-5 N. The trip to California will take 8 hours and 45 minutes.
“What will we see along the way?” we hear you and the fellas cry. Plenty!
We here at Jerry have compiled a quick list of the highlights on your drive from the temptations of Vegas to the sophistication of San Francisco:
- Head out from Las Vegas along I-15 S toward the Mojave Desert, where you guys will see lots of… sand
- Continue along I-15 S and give a hearty salute to all the airmen and airwomen as you pass Edwards Air Force Base before driving by the Tehachapi Mountains
- Enter the San Joaquin Valley and pass through its hub, Bakersfield, a bustling city of more than 400,000 residents
- Head up I-5 N and make a pitstop at Kern National Wildlife Refuge, a protected area for all kinds of wildlife and a great place to hike, drive, and hunt
- Skirt by Modesto and all the lush farmland nearby—wait, you guys didn’t know about the Central Valley’s abundance of milk, almonds, chickens, walnuts, and corn?
- Head west along US-580 through the East Bay and into Oakland
- Cross the Bay Bridge and trundle into San Francisco for a wine-and-cheese-themed weekend (a much-needed respite from Vegas-style debauchery)
However you get to San Francisco, make sure your vehicle is protected by a robust car insurance policy by using Jerry. Sign-up takes just 45 seconds, and the average Jerry user saves more than $800 per year on car insurance.
Here to save on car and home insurance? Great, you do that. We’ll do everything else.
Sign up in under a minute.
No need to fill out forms or shop around. Sign up in 45 seconds to start saving. Jerry does the rest.
Jerry collects and analyzes your current coverage.
Say hello to Jerry, your new insurance agent. We’ll contact your insurance company, review your current plan, then find the coverage that fits your needs and saves you money.
Get the best options before your renewal.
Jerry does all the picky, busy work by comparing prices and coverage from more than 50+ insurance companies. We compare what we find to your current policy and offer you the three best options before every renewal.
Read advice from car experts at Jerry
Browse by topics
What others are asking
What are the best tires for a Mazda 6 Grand Touring?
My teenager starts driving soon and I want to make sure the car is in good condition before she’s on the road. This said, I need to replace my Mazda’s tires. What are the best tires for a Mazda 6 Grand Touring?
May 18, 2022
How much does a Pontiac G6 windshield replacement cost?
I need to get my Pontiac G6 windshield replaced, but don’t know what’s a good price. How much should a Pontiac G6 windshield replacement cost?
May 18, 2022
What are the best tires for a Hyundai Elantra GT?
My Hyundai needs quite a few repairs, tires included. I’m not looking for a specialty tire, just something that’s good for everyday stuff. What are the best tires for the Hyundai Elantra GT?
May 18, 2022