What’s the best driving route from Denver to Aspen?
So come summer my pals and I are planning on flocking to Aspen like the salmon of Capistrano—what’s the best driving route from Denver to Aspen?
Answer provided by
To get to a little place called Aspen, Colorado (where the beer flows like wine), you’ll want to ride I-70 W and then CO-82 W from Denver for 3 and a half hours, on a journey that will cover 198 miles**.
Here are some highlights for your mountain journey:
- Set out from Denver on I-70 W, but before leaving the city, stop in Morrison and pay a visit to Red Rocks Amphitheatre, famous for its hiking and biking trails—not to mention its attracting tons of top musical acts since it opened way back in 1906 (and no, John Denver was not the first act to play there)
- From Red Rocks, head west and make a stop at Indian Hot Springs, a simplistic resort with log cabins and a mineral water pool, and a spa to rest your weary bones (in case you fell off the jetway again the day before)
- Make a pitstop in Vail and gawk at the world-famous Vail Ski Resort, which is a winter and summer playground, featuring golf, hiking, and cultural festivals
- Take CO-91 S at Copper Mountain and make some time for a train ride in Leadville, with its trains offering scenic views of the Arkansas River Valley and Colorado’s stunning mountain scenery
- Take US-24 E after Leadville and then head west along CO-82 (at Twin Lakes) and ride into Aspen after a winding, mountainous road trip—hope it didn’t get too nippy through the Pass
Protect your vehicle on your Colorado adventures with a robust car insurance policy by using Jerry! The average jerry user saves more than $800 per year on car insurance!
Here to save on car and home insurance? Great, you do that. We’ll do everything else.
Sign up in under a minute.
No need to fill out forms or shop around. Sign up in 45 seconds to start saving. Jerry does the rest.
Jerry collects and analyzes your current coverage.
Say hello to Jerry, your new insurance agent. We’ll contact your insurance company, review your current plan, then find the coverage that fits your needs and saves you money.
Get the best options before your renewal.
Jerry does all the picky, busy work by comparing prices and coverage from more than 50+ insurance companies. We compare what we find to your current policy and offer you the three best options before every renewal.
Read advice from car experts at Jerry
Browse by topics
What others are asking
What are the best places to live in Nashville?
I’ve wanted to move to Nashville since I first visited. Now that I have some money saved up, I’m going to finally make the leap. I’m just not all that familiar with the different neighborhoods. What are some of the best places to live in Nashville?
Jun 06, 2022
How much is a Volkswagen Golf catalytic converter replacement?
I’ve heard of catalytic converters getting stolen, but this morning I went to start my car and heard a really abnormal noise. Turns out my converter got jacked; how much is a Volkswagen Golf catalytic converter replacement?
Bianca (Bee) Davis
Jun 02, 2022
How much does a Lexus LS 400 interior detail cost?
I have an old 1995 Lexus LS 400 that I absolutely love. I want to get the interior detailed to restore it a little. How much does a Lexus LS 400 interior detail cost?
Bianca (Bee) Davis
Jun 03, 2022