What kind of policy do I need for my car now that I run a small business?

I recently opened a small catering business in Wisconsin and I use my car on the job. Can I still use my personal policy? Or do I need a different type of insurance?

“Since you’re using a personal car for business purposes, you’ll likely need a commercial auto insurance policy. Personal car insurance policies typically don’t cover drivers who get into an accident while conducting business.
Commercial policies offer many of the same coverages as personal policies, but their limits are higher. You can get up to $1 million in coverage to protect your business and yourself.”
Emily Richey
Answered on May 31, 2021

Did this answer help you?

Ask us a question by email and we will respond within a few days.

Have a different question?

You can meet us at our office and discuss the details of your question.