If an uninsured car crashes into a home, can the homeowner make a claim using the uninsured motorist coverage on their auto policy?

By using uninsured motorist coverage, the homeowner may be able to avoid a higher deductible on their home policy. Is this doable?

Answer provided by
Carol Chung
Answered on Apr 12, 2021
Unfortunately, no, the homeowner will have to file a claim with their home insurance company.
Uninsured motorist coverage is designed to cover damage to their car, not their home. To fix the property damage, they’ll have to pay that higher deductible on their home policy.

Did this answer help you?

Ask us a question by email and we will respond within a few days.

Have a different question?

You can meet us at our office and discuss the details of your question.

Easiest way to compare and buy car insurance

No long forms
No spam or unwanted phone calls
Quotes from top insurance companies