How much do electric car brakes cost?
Hi there! I’ve had my 2019 Honda Clarity for a few years now, and I’m not sure when I need to get my brakes replaced. I’m not sure if there’s something wrong with my brakes and it’s keeping me up at night! Can you please tell me if it's time to get them changed? And how much do electric brakes cost?
Answer provided by
- EVs use an efficient technology known as regenerative braking that harvests kinetic energy that would otherwise be lost when the car slows down.
- Your car’s electric traction motor uses the car’s natural momentum to convert energy and slow the vehicle, which puts less stress on the brake pads.
- The good news is, they don’t need to be serviced as frequently. However, it’s still a good idea to replace the brake fluid and brake pads every now and then.
- Brake pad replacement parts can cost between $150 and $300 on average. Labor costs are estimated to be between $50 and $65 depending on where you’re located.
- Also consider the cost of extra fees, taxes, and the model year of your car.