How do you set up Bluetooth in a Kia Forte?
My family just brought home a new Kia Forte and I’m trying to help my partner set up Bluetooth for their commute tomorrow. I feel like I keep messing up the steps, though. How do you set up Bluetooth in a Kia Forte?
Shannon Fitzgerald · Answered on Feb 15, 2023
Reviewed by Shannon Martin, Licensed Insurance Agent.
Not to fret! Setting up new car tech can always be a little tricky at first.
Here’s how to set up Bluetooth in a Kia Forte:
- In your phone or mobile device, make sure Bluetooth is turned on.
- Press Setup on your infotainment touchscreen (older models may have a Setup button).
- Select Bluetooth from the touchscreen (older models will select Phone).
- Select Bluetooth Connection (older models will select Pair).
- Select Add New to pair a new device.
- The device name your Kia goes by will show up on your screen.
- On your phone, select this name and hit Pair.
- A passkey will show up on both your Kia’s touchscreen and your device—make sure these match and hit OK on your device if they do (older models may require you to input the code).
- Your Forte will confirm that your device has been connected.
Once paired, your phone will connect automatically. You can assign priority to your connected devices to adjust which one is connected first if multiple paired devices are detected. In most Forte models, up to five devices can be connected at one time—you’ll need to delete a device if you’d like to pair more.
As you enjoy your new hands-free tech on your daily commute, remember to stay focused on your driving. No one wants a distracted driving ticket to spoil the fun and hike up your car insurance costs!
View full answer
WHY YOU CAN TRUST JERRY
Jerry partners with more than 50 insurance companies, but our content is independently researched, written, and fact-checked by our team of editors and agents. We aren’t paid for reviews or other content.
Browse More Content
Insurance in Your State
What Others Are Asking
Does the Colorado ExpressToll pass work in other states?
I have a Colorado ExpressToll pass, and I’m going on a road trip with my partner for a couple of weeks. Can we use it in other states?
Dec 07, 2022
What are the best snow chains for a Subaru Crosstrek?
I recently moved to Michigan and want to look into getting snow chains for my Subaru Crosstrek to prepare for any extreme winter weather we receive—what are the best snow chains for a Subaru Crosstrek?
Andrew (Andy) Biro
Dec 19, 2022
Does the 2016 Dodge Dart have Bluetooth?
I’m considering buying a used 2016 Dodge Dart, but I’m wondering if it’ll be equipped with the same technology as newer models. Does the 2016 Dodge Dart have Bluetooth?
Dec 13, 2022
Read Advice From Car Experts At Jerry
What Is Allstate New Car Replacement Insurance?
Allstate’s new car replacement insurance will cover the full purchase price of a new vehicle if your own is totaled—if it’s two years old or newer.
Can You Get an ID Card with a Suspended Driver’s License?
Having your license suspended usually means you are required to surrender the license. Since you’ll still need a photo ID, states offer alternative ID cards for non-drivers.
Browse By Topics
Easiest way to compare and buy car insurance
Find insurance savings — it's 100% free
No long forms
No spam or unwanted phone calls
Quotes from top insurance companies