How can I get money for property damage to a motorcycle in Kentucky if I was hit by an uninsured driver?

I was driving my motorcycle in Kentucky when I was hit by an uninsured driver. The bike is a total loss. I only had liability coverage, so my insurance won't pay for property damage. How can I get the money from the other driver?

“Sorry to hear about your situation!
Since you don’t have uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage, the only way you’ll probably be able to recoup your losses is to sue the other driver. Ask your friends and family members if they know a trustworthy attorney, or search for an attorney who doesn’t collect money unless you win your case if you don’t have cash to pay upfront.
For the future, add uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage to your motorcycle policy. It won’t cost that much more per month and you can protect yourself from uninsured drivers.”
Eric Schad
Answered on Apr 28, 2021
Eric Schad has been a freelance writer for nearly a decade, as well as an SEO specialist and editor for the past five years. Before getting behind the keyboard, he worked in the finance and music industries (the perfect combo). With a wide array of professional and personal experiences, he’s developed a knack for tone and branding across many different verticals. Away from the computer, Schad is a blues guitar shredder, crazed sports fan, and always down for a spontaneous trip anywhere around the globe.

Did this answer help you?

Ask us a question by email and we will respond within a few days.

Have a different question?

You can meet us at our office and discuss the details of your question.
Let Jerry’s experts help you find savings on your car insurance!
No long forms or spam · Get quotes from 40+ carriers
Find insurance savings (100% Free)
rating primary
4.7/5 Rating on App Store