Can I get home insurance for a house with an old fuse electrical panel?

"The house I'm buying has one of those old fuse electrical panels. It still works, but it must be several decades old. Can I get the house insured with this panel, or will I need to upgrade to a new circuit breaker panel to qualify for homeowners coverage?


Answer provided by
Alexah Grinnell
Answered on Apr 07, 2021
“It can be extremely difficult to find an insurance company that will insure your home with an old fuse panel. Most insurance companies require that you have an updated circuit breaker with at least 100 or 120 amps.
Without an updated circuit breaker in the home, you may be denied coverage or have a surcharge applied to your premium. “

Did this answer help you?

Ask us a question by email and we will respond within a few days.

Have a different question?

You can meet us at our office and discuss the details of your question.

Easiest way to compare and buy car insurance

No long forms
No spam or unwanted phone calls
Quotes from top insurance companies