At what point should I get classic insurance for my car?
When is the right time to upgrade the insurance on my classic car? I am almost done restoring my 1958 Cadillac Eldorado and I am thinking it may be time to change my coverage. I initially added it to my State Farm policy for liability-only coverage while it was getting worked on.
Answer provided by
- The vehicle must be at least 25 years old.
- It can not be your daily driver. You must insure at least one other vehicle furnished for your everyday use.
- It must be stored in a secure and enclosed space.
- It can not be used for racing.
- Some insurance carriers have mileage limits that can not be exceeded.”