Will my current insurance cover me if I rent a U-Haul truck?

I'm in the process of moving and rented a U-Haul truck. Will my insurance cover me, or should I opt for U-Haul's insurance?

Answer provided by
Eric Schad
Answered on Apr 13, 2021
“Generally speaking, most car insurance policies don’t cover any vehicle larger than two tons. Because most U-Haul trucks exceed this amount, you should definitely take the extra insurance from U-Haul.
This will protect you from any out-of-pocket expenses due to an accident, regardless of who is at fault.”

Did this answer help you?

Ask us a question by email and we will respond within a few days.

Have a different question?

You can meet us at our office and discuss the details of your question.

Easiest way to compare and buy car insurance

No long forms
No spam or unwanted phone calls
Quotes from top insurance companies