What are some small cars with big engines?
I like smaller cars, but I don’t want to sacrifice power. What are some small cars with big engines?
Answer provided by
Many small cars pack surprisingly big engines. Here are a few and their specs to get started:
- Ford Fiesta ST: This little car’s 1.6-liter EcoBoost engine can produce 197 horsepower and has excellent fuel economy.
- Hyundai Veloster Turbo: While this compact doesn’t feel cramped and it boasts a 1.6-liter turbocharged engine with 201 horsepower.
- Ford Focus RS: A 2.3-liter four-cylinder engine with 350 horsepower is crammed into this tiny model. It’s also one of Ford’s fastest, with a 0-to-60-mph acceleration of just 4.5 seconds.
- Toyota GR Yaris: This supermini was designed for motorsports, but in order to follow the World Rally Championship (WRC) homologation rules, Toyota had to sell a certain amount of these to the consumer market. The GR Yaris features a 1.6-liter three-cylinder turbo engine which can put out 257 horsepower and 266 lb-ft of torque.
- Honda Civic Type-R: This little hatchback comes with a 2-liter turbocharged inline-four engine with 306 horsepower and 295 lb-ft of torque.
Finding the perfect tiny car with a big engine is one thing—finding insurance to cover it is another. Find out if you’re getting ripped off on your car insurance in two minutes or less and quickly make updates with the Jerry app.
Jerry is a licensed broker and insurance shopping super app designed to compare quotes across top-rated insurance companies. Once you find the rate that works for your budget, Jerry will help you enroll in your new coverage and cancel your old policy. Plus, the average user saves more than $800 per year.
MORE: How to find the engine and chassis numberThe Ford Fiesta ST, Toyota GR Yaris, and Honda Civic Type-R are a few small cars with big engines. Click here for more tiny cars big on power.
Here to save on car and home insurance? Great, you do that. We’ll do everything else.
Sign up in under a minute.
No need to fill out forms or shop around. Sign up in 45 seconds to start saving. Jerry does the rest.
Jerry collects and analyzes your current coverage.
Say hello to Jerry, your new insurance agent. We’ll contact your insurance company, review your current plan, then find the coverage that fits your needs and saves you money.
Get the best options before your renewal.
Jerry does all the picky, busy work by comparing prices and coverage from more than 50+ insurance companies. We compare what we find to your current policy and offer you the three best options before every renewal.
Read advice from car experts at Jerry
Browse by topics
What others are asking
Can you return a car in Florida?
I just bought a new Toyota RAV4 to be our family’s go-to vehicle about a week ago. We’re loving the car so far, but I noticed the paint is already chipping near the trunk! Is there any way I can still return it to the dealer in Florida?
Jun 23, 2022
How should I get my Mazda 3 hatchback lowered?
I picked up a Mazda 3 hatchback in fantastic condition! Now, I’d like to lower it. How should I get my Mazda 3 hatchback lowered?
Jun 23, 2022
What are the best value classic cars?
I’m looking to surprise my wife for our 10th anniversary with a classic car. What are the best value classic cars?
Jun 23, 2022