How do I reset the Honda CR-V Bluetooth?
My phone isn’t connecting to Bluetooth in my Honda CR-V, and I want to try resetting it to see if that works. How do I do that?
Andrea Barrett · Answered on Dec 21, 2022
Reviewed by Shannon Martin, Licensed Insurance Agent.
To reset your Honda CR-V Bluetooth, delete your vehicle from your device’s Bluetooth list and delete your device from your vehicle’s Bluetooth system, then re-enable both Bluetooth devices and re-pair them.
Here are the steps to follow:
- Press the “Settings” button.
- Scroll to “Phone Settings” and click to select it.
- Scroll to “Bluetooth Device List” and press to select it.
- Select the device you would like to remove.
- Scroll to “Delete This Device.”
- A confirmation screen will appear. Select YES to confirm the deletion.
To re-pair your phone, follow these steps:
- Ensure Bluetooth is enabled on your mobile device.
- On your Honda multimedia screen, press the Home button at the top left.
- Press “Phone,” then press “YES” to confirm
- Once promoted to add a new device, tap “YES.” Select your mobile device from the multimedia screen.
- On your mobile device, select HandsFreeLink® from the Bluetooth menu.
It’s a good idea to reset your CR-V’s Bluetooth system ASAP, since the hands-free device functions are an easy way to cut down on distracted driving. Avoiding infractions and practicing safe driving patterns with hands-free device usage can even help you lower your car insurance rates with a discount!
View full answer
WHY YOU CAN TRUST JERRY
Jerry partners with more than 50 insurance companies, but our content is independently researched, written, and fact-checked by our team of editors and agents. We aren’t paid for reviews or other content.
Browse More Content
Insurance in Your State
What Others Are Asking
Can you buy a BMW extended warranty later?
I recently bought a new BMW, and the salesperson was really on me about adding an extended warranty, but I turned him down. Now I’m starting to second-guess my decision. Can I buy the BMW extended warranty after I’ve bought the car?
Aug 17, 2022
What does a Jeep TJ ticking noise mean?
My Jeep TJ has started making a ticking noise. I’m worried it’s something serious… what does a Jeep TJ ticking noise mean?
Dec 21, 2022
How much do Uber drivers make in Ohio?
I’m moving to a new state soon, and to help recoup some of the moving expenses, I’m thinking of driving for Uber. How much do Uber drivers make in Ohio?
Dec 21, 2022
Read Advice From Car Experts At Jerry
2015 Audi Q7 Towing Capacity
The Audi Q7 has a maximum towing capacity of 6,600 pounds with a factory-installed trailer hitch.
2012 Audi TT RS 0-60 Time
The best 2011 Audi A8 4.2 0-60 time is 4.0 seconds. How does it compare to its competitors?
Browse By Topics
Easiest way to compare and buy car insurance
Find insurance savings — it's 100% free
No long forms
No spam or unwanted phone calls
Quotes from top insurance companies