How can I prove my income for a car loan if most of my income is cash tips?

"I want to get a car loan, but the only income I report is the $3.15 wage I get as a server.

Can I prove my income in another way if I want to get a car loan?"

“You should be reporting all of your tips to the government for tax purposes. But, in reality, most servers only claim a small portion of them.
If this describes you, then you’re going to have a tough time providing adequate proof of income, as you can’t prove you made tips you haven’t claimed.
If you want to get a car, you might want to consider declaring your tips as taxable income. Or, you can save up and pay cash for a vehicle.”
Eric Schad
Answered on May 26, 2021
Eric Schad has been a freelance writer for nearly a decade, as well as an SEO specialist and editor for the past five years. Before getting behind the keyboard, he worked in the finance and music industries (the perfect combo). With a wide array of professional and personal experiences, he’s developed a knack for tone and branding across many different verticals. Away from the computer, Schad is a blues guitar shredder, crazed sports fan, and always down for a spontaneous trip anywhere around the globe.

Did this answer help you?

Ask us a question by email and we will respond within a few days.

Have a different question?

You can meet us at our office and discuss the details of your question.

Read advice from car experts at Jerry

Easiest way to compare and buy car insurance

No long forms
No spam or unwanted phone calls
Quotes from top insurance companies
Find insurance savings — it's 100% free