Where can you go camping in California?
My group of friends and I want to escape the insanity of L.A. for a long weekend this summer, and we think camping might be a fun option. Where are some places to camp in California?
Answer provided by
Whether you’re looking for desert hangs, seaside snoozes, mountains, or forests, California has tons of neat spots to pitch your tent. Here are a few of the best places where you can go camping in California.
- Yosemite National Park: It’ll require a fair bit of planning ahead, but camping at iconic Yosemite is well worth it—and that goes for any of the park’s campgrounds.
- Joshua Tree National Park: Fall asleep under clear, starry skies and wake up next to larger-than-life boulders at Jumbo Rocks campground.
- Sequoia National Park: Sleep next to the biggest trees in the world at Sequoia National Park, where there are over 40 groves of giant sequoias.
- El Capitan State Beach: Right on the Santa Barbara coast, you can surf and swim all day, then drift off to dreamland with the sound of waves in the background.
- Ventana Campground: A tent-only alternative to the nearly-unobtainable campsites at Big Sur, you can enjoy the quiet redwood canyon and still be near the coast.
Before you set out on your epic camping trip, double-check that your car insurance policy can handle the trek. For instance, you might want to add towing and labor coverage to your policy—or find a cheap, new policy altogether!
Shopping for affordable coverage is easier and quicker than ever when you use the Jerry app. As a licensed broker and car super app, Jerry sources quotes from over 50 top-rated providers to bring you the best deals on whatever coverage you need—and saves users an average of $800+ per year!
Here to save on car and home insurance? Great, you do that. We’ll do everything else.
Sign up in under a minute.
No need to fill out forms or shop around. Sign up in 45 seconds to start saving. Jerry does the rest.
Jerry collects and analyzes your current coverage.
Say hello to Jerry, your new insurance agent. We’ll contact your insurance company, review your current plan, then find the coverage that fits your needs and saves you money.
Get the best options before your renewal.
Jerry does all the picky, busy work by comparing prices and coverage from more than 50+ insurance companies. We compare what we find to your current policy and offer you the three best options before every renewal.
Read advice from car experts at Jerry
Browse by topics
What others are asking
What’s the safest Buick?
I’ve heard a lot about Buicks when it comes to safety, but I’m looking for the absolute safest car for my family, so which Buick is the safest?
Jun 01, 2022
How much does it cost to renew a driver’s license in Washington state?
Will I have to pay a bunch of fees to renew an expired driver’s license in Washington state? I completely forgot to renew my license until I was denied at a bar last week and I’ve been nervous to try to renew it.
Jun 02, 2022
Where can you go camping in Illinois?
My partner and I love living in Chicago, but we want to escape the city life for a bit this summer and go on a camping trip. Where are the best camping spots in Illinois?
Jun 02, 2022