How do you fix written mistakes on a car title when selling?

I’m looking to sell a car my grandmother gave me, but her name is still on the title. How do I switch it to mine so I can sell the car?

So the good news is it’s actually pretty easy. Your best bet is to visit a motor vehicle agency in person and explain how your grandmother, the previous owner, is still on the title.
Alternatively, you can submit a written request for a correction. Either way, you must provide proof that a correction is needed.
Once you sell the vehicle, your next steps will be to transfer the title and remove the vehicle from your car insurance.
If you’re buying a new car, avoid overpaying on car insurance with the Jerry app. Jerry is your ultra-talented car insurance broker for life. It takes less than a minute to sign up and you’ll be presented with competitive rates from up to 50 top providers.
Will Baldwin
Answered on Nov 22, 2021

Did this answer help you?

Ask us a question by email and we will respond within a few days.

Have a different question?

You can meet us at our office and discuss the details of your question.
Let Jerry’s experts help you find savings on your car insurance!
No long forms or spam · Get quotes from 40+ carriers
Find insurance savings (100% Free)
rating primary
4.7/5 Rating on App Store

Easiest way to compare and buy car insurance

No long forms
No spam or unwanted phone calls
Quotes from top insurance companies
Find insurance savings — it's 100% free