Do insurance companies accept diminished value claims for uninsured drivers in Arizona?

I know that diminished value claims are allowed in Arizona. When I filed a claim with my insurance company for damage by an uninsured driver, I also let them know I planned to file a diminished value claim. The adjuster told me that I wouldn't be able to. Is this true?

Answer provided by
Emily Maracle
Answered on May 10, 2021
“When a state allows you to file a diminished value claim, you file it with the at-fault driver’s insurance company. Since the driver was uninsured, your insurance company most likely has a stipulation to deny diminished value claims.
Uninsured motorist coverage provides protection if you are in an accident with an uninsured driver. Your insurance is covering your injuries or property damage. Whether your vehicle is repaired or deemed a total loss, you should assume that your insurance company is acting in your best interest.
You should read over the terms and conditions of your uninsured motorist coverage and reach out to your insurance carrier. They will be able to confirm whether the adjuster was correct or not.
If your vehicle is deemed a total loss and you’re unhappy with the settlement amount, you can try to negotiate with your insurance company as well. “

Did this answer help you?

Ask us a question by email and we will respond within a few days.

Have a different question?

You can meet us at our office and discuss the details of your question.

Easiest way to compare and buy car insurance

No long forms
No spam or unwanted phone calls
Quotes from top insurance companies