Can you start a car without jumper cables if the vehicle has a low battery?
Some friends and I are camping for the week and I wanted to make a mid-week run to the grocery store to grab a few things we forgot. Unfortunately, the car wouldn’t start when we went to leave. I think the battery is low and we don't have jumper cables. Can you start a car without them?
- Position your car on an elevated surface or have some friends give you a push to gain momentum
- Turn on the ignition and shift your car into second gear
- Once rolling, release the clutch quickly
- If it doesn’t start, press the clutch over and over again
- Find a portable charger to recharge your car battery
- Call a friend or find someone with jumper cables to give you a start
- Call roadside assistance