Mazda Is Finally Making Moves To Bring Its Lineup Into the Electric Age

Find out if you’re getting ripped off on your car insurance in less than two minutes.
No long forms · No spam · No fees
Mazda arrived a little late to the party when it comes to electric cars, but in June the company confirmed that it plans to electrify all its models in some form within the next 10 years.
That means the beloved Miata roadster will also get the electric treatment, though details remain hidden on whether the company plans to build a hybrid or a completely electric-powered version of the two-seater.
Mazda’s move comes while many of its traditional competitors like Ford, Volkswagen, and Kia already have fully electric models available and are rushing to bring more EV options to consumers. Mazda has yet to break into the market and so far only announced the upcoming release of one fully electric car, the 2022 MX-30.
A person sitting behind the wheel of a Mazda
Mazda is planning for an all-electric future.

Mazda’s electric car plans

Autotrader reports that Mazda intends to “feature a form of electrification” in every car in its lineup by 2030. The company said it expects 25% of its models to be completely gas-free by that year, with the remaining 75% adopting a hybrid component of some sort.
The one fully electric model Mazda has announced, the 2022 MX-30, will be a subcompact crossover with a plug-in hybrid option, according to Car and Driver. It will be available this fall, but only in California.

Mazda’s place in the EV market

As Mazda inches its way into the electric vehicle business, other automakers are jumping in, head first.
Ford already released its electric Mustang and recently announced that an electric version of its most popular model, the F-150, will be available next spring.
Volkswagen Group’s brands also take up a good deal of space in the current market, with Audi, Porsche, and the company’s namesake brand all including fully electric models in their lineups and scheduling new additions in the next few years.
These examples are just a taste of the many car brands vying for space in the new market. New companies like Bollinger, Canoo, and Rivian have followed Tesla’s lead and avoided gas-powered engines altogether.

The cost of going electric

You don’t have to wait on Mazda to get it together. Electric vehicles come in a wide range of shapes, sizes, and prices, from the $100,000+ Porsche and Teslas to the Mini Electric, which Car and Driver says you can buy for only $30,750. But there’s more to buying a battery-powered vehicle than the price tag and spec comparisons.
For one thing, you’ll need to find a specialized mechanic. You’ll also need to install a charger into your garage, which Edmunds says can cost anywhere from about $1,000 to over $10,000 if you decide to go solar.
But there are ways to save on the process. State and federal governments often offer tax incentives, and many car insurance companies offer discounts for electric car owners.
If you’re shopping for car insurance for your EV, Jerry will generate competitive quotes from top providers in less than a minute.
Jerry gathers your information from your past insurer, so you’re not responsible for any long forms or phone calls. Basically, you get all of the savings and coverage, with none of the hassle.

Easiest way to compare and buy car insurance

√
No long forms
√
No spam or unwanted phone calls
√
Quotes from top insurance companies